Doctors remove 8-inch metal spoon swallowed by teenager

By Ben Hooper Contact the Author   |   April 26, 2017 at 4:19 PM
Leer en Español
share with facebook
share with twitter

April 26 (UPI) -- Doctors at a Chinese hospital said they removed an 8-inch metal spoon from the stomach of an 18-year-old student who accidentally swallowed the utensil.

Footage from the hospital in Yiwu, Zhejiang Province, shows doctors reviewing X-ray images of the long spoon inside the teenager's body before she underwent surgery to remove it.

The spoon was successfully removed in a two-hour surgery April 9.

Doctors said the girl told them she waited three days to seek medical attention for the spoon swallowing because she wanted to finish her school exams.

Related UPI Stories
Trending Stories