KALGOORLIE, Australia, March 17 (UPI) -- A Western Australia family found a garage-invading snake had already been captured by one of nature's perfect traps -- a redback spider's web.
Jamii-Leigh Marwick of Kalgoorlie said in a Facebook post her son, Eamon, came inside the house last weekend shouting that he had spotted a snake.
Marwick went to investigate and discovered the snake was caught in a web attended by a venomous redback spider.
Video filmed by Marwick shows the snake thrashing around in an unsuccessful attempt to free its tail.
Marwick says in the video that she doesn't want to attempt a rescue for the "cranky" snake in case it tries to strike her, but she later posted an update to the story.
"Many have asked what the end result was... Well in my attempt to save him... I accidentally dropped a jar on the poor bloke and he didn't survive. The spider is now also no longer a threat," Marwick wrote.