facebook
twitter
search
search

Hoverboard owner films scooter's fiery destruction

By Ben Hooper Contact the Author   |   Dec. 31, 2015 at 10:29 AM

LOS ANGELES, Dec. 31 (UPI) -- A Los Angeles hoverboard owner filmed video while his device burned on a sidewalk and firefighters arrived to extinguish the flames.

Delvon Simmons posted a video to Facebook showing his self-balancing scooter -- commonly known as a hoverboard -- giving off large amounts of smoke on a Los Angeles sidewalk.

"Well, it happened. My board just caught on fire today," Simmons said in the video. "It happened, folks. It happened. My board just burned up."

A police officer on a motorcycle appears in the video and said he will "call someone to put it out."

About 30 seconds into the video the hoverboard makes a sizzling sound and bursts into flames.

"There it goes," Simmons said. "Six hundred dollars down the drain."

"People, if you've got one these in your house, I suggest you get it out," Simmons said. "Otherwise your house is going to burn down."

A firefighter picked up the hoverboard and another sprayed it with a hose to extinguish the flames.

Margaret Stewart with the Los Angeles Fire Department told KTLA-TV the hoverboard fire was "pretty impressive."

Simmons said he had heard of other hoverboards catching fire, but he wasn't expecting it to happen to him because he sprung for a more expensive model.

"You always think, that's not going to happen to me, that's what they get for buying a cheap board," Simmons said. "Well, it happened to me and I didn't buy a cheap board."

So this just happened.If you have them Hover boards get them out of your house asap. Parents tell your kids to be extra careful.

Posted by Delvon Simmons on Wednesday, December 30, 2015
Related UPI Stories
Latest Headlines
Trending Stories