Long Yunsheng apparently learned how to eat iron nails when he was a teenager about 32 years ago, and all he needs is a glass of water to wash them down.
Long is able to swallow nails that are up to two inches long.
"I was 17 or 18 years old. I was not sure that the man who can do this was willing to teach me,” Long said. "If a teacher likes you, he teaches you. If not, he refuses teach you."
In spite of his odd diet, Long is in good health.
The same can’t be said for a Changsha man who was hospitalized after he removed two large nails that he swallowed during an argument with his ex-girlfriend.
"I was so angry then that I swallowed two nails. But I still failed to save the relationship," the man told the Global Times. "The lump broke soon after and some yellow liquid oozed out. Then I could see two black objects in the wound.”
The 25-year-old reportedly pulled the nails out with his fingers. Ouch.