facebook
twitter
rss
account
search
search
 

Nebraska toddler gets stuck inside 'Bear Claw' toy machine at bowling alley

Police found Kael Ireland inside the machine "happily playing with stuffed animals."
By Evan Bleier   |   April 16, 2014 at 8:44 AM   |   Comments

LINCOLN, Neb., April 16 (UPI) -- A Nebraska 3-year-old who escaped from his mother’s Lincoln apartment was discovered at a nearby bowling alley, but he wasn’t interested in rolling 10 frames.

Kael Ireland was found inside the “Bear Claw” machine at Madsen’s Bowling & Billiards after he somehow wandered into the establishment and crawled up the game’s prize slot so he could play with the toys inside.

A patron informed bartender Rachell Hildreth about the toddler's presence and a worker from the company that owns the machine was called to let him out.

“He was just having a heyday,” Hildreth told the Journal Record. “He didn’t notice anyone around him. He was just having fun in there. I don’t think he wanted to get out.”

Meanwhile the boy’s mother, 24-year-old Ashley Ireland, noticed he was gone and called police immediately.

They found the boy in the machine “happily playing with stuffed animals” and he was quickly reunited with his mother.

The lucky lad even got to keep a purple teddy bear.

[The Journal Star]
[KETV]

Follow @itishowitis and @UPI on Twitter.
Contact the Author
© 2014 United Press International, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Any reproduction, republication, redistribution and/or modification of any UPI content is expressly prohibited without UPI's prior written consent.
Featured UPI Collection
trending
Celebrity Couples of 2014 [PHOTOS]

Celebrity Couples of 2014 [PHOTOS]

Most Popular
1
'Stay of execution' for bird living in store 'Stay of execution' for bird living in store
2
Girl, 10, defeats Army JROTC cadet at push-ups Girl, 10, defeats Army JROTC cadet at push-ups
3
Irish man called officer 'gay,' exposed buttocks Irish man called officer 'gay,' exposed buttocks
4
Video: Firefighters free British student from trash bin Video: Firefighters free British student from trash bin
Trending News
Video
x
Feedback