The children, all of whom were under the age of 10, were given the spiked beverage around 9:30 p.m. Tuesday at the Home Run Inn restaurant in Little Village.
When the staff realized the mistake, the drinks were taken away from the kids and the police and paramedics were called.
“The drinks tasted funny to begin with, but we didn’t pay it any attention. We thought it was just us,” parent Neyante Eggleston told CBS Chicago. “They just came and swooped all the cups up, so we like ‘Okay, what’s going on?’ So as they’re swooping cups up, one of the parents of the kids got a whiff of the cup, and it was alcohol.”
Some of the children began crying and vomiting after ingesting the adult beverage.
“Everybody makes mistakes, but why would you just come and snatch the cups up, and not say anything to the parents of these kids that you just served alcohol?” Eggleston said. “Those who did drink, they drunk everything.”
The children who were brought to the hospital were reportedly in good condition.
'Mighty Mom' belt dubbed top breast pump
Mystery plant identified as pot live on radio