facebook
twitter
rss
account
search
search

Man swallows fork after drunken bet

He told doctors he was having esophageal pain but didn't immediately explain he had swallowed a fork.
By Aileen Graef   |   March 27, 2014 at 1:00 PM   |   Comments

March 27 (UPI) -- A Romanian man went to the hospital complaining of pain in his esophagus after he swallowed a fork on a drunken bet.

Radu Kalincesku, 25, didn't tell doctors why he was experiencing the pain but when doctors did an X-ray, they found the utensil lodged in his esophagus. Kalincesku explained that he was drunk when he bet his friends that he could swallow a fork without any consequences.

The doctors decided not to operate and instead sent the man home with hopes that the fork would be expelled from his body through natural processes. Doctors say they will operate if the fork becomes lodged in the man's digestive tract.

[HuffPost Live]

Follow @AileenGraef and @UPI on Twitter.
Contact the Author
© 2014 United Press International, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Any reproduction, republication, redistribution and/or modification of any UPI content is expressly prohibited without UPI's prior written consent.
Most Popular
Trending News
Video
x
Feedback