The pizza allegedly was topped with mushrooms that were laced with pot and some family members became so ill that they were taken to L.A. County/USC Medical Center.
“It was a like a rush, sweating, heart beating real fast,” grandmother Ava Farley told KCAL9. Her 10-year-old grandson, Clintay Jones, also had an extreme reaction.
“He started cussing, going off, talking crazy, ran out the door butt naked,” Farley said.
When they reached the ER, doctors found marijuana in their urine and began questioning Jones about using pot. “They questioned him like, ‘Have you had any of this? Did you do this? Is there anything in the house? Is this normal?’ No, all we had was pizza,” Farley said.
Two of Farley’s granddaughters ate the pizza, but they removed the mushrooms and didn’t experience any issues.
Farley has filed a police report and hired an attorney. “I think that it’s a threat to the community,” she said.
The pizza shop was not identified as police are still waiting to begin their investigation.
Notable deaths of 2014 [PHOTOS]