Rodney Somerville was gardening outside his home in Yeppoon when he was bitten on the finger by the deadly snake. He then grabbed his shovel and whacked the snake in the head with it.
Figuring that he might "cark it," the 54-year-old decided to have at least one last beer.
"I said to myself, if I'm going to cark it I'm going to have a beer, so I got a Goldie out of the fridge and drank that; 'cause you know eastern browns are the second most venomous snake in the world," Somerville told the Rockhampton Morning Bulletin. "If you panic it makes it worse."
He called an ambulance as well and eventually received the anti-venom. Unfortunately, he had an allergic reaction to the medicine and is still in the hospital after three weeks.
"The reaction nearly killed me as well, so it was a double whammy," Somerville said.
[Rockhampton Morning Bulletin]
Swim Week Miami Beach 2014 [PHOTOS]