Worst house sitter ever lets friends cook meth inside home

A good neighbor is a neighbor who doesn't run a meth lab in your house.
By Aileen Graef Follow @AileenGraef Contact the Author   |   Feb. 26, 2014 at 12:42 PM

BALLWIN, Mo., Feb. 26 (UPI) -- Lauren Stephens was house sitting for her neighbors when she decided to let her friends cook meth in the home, causing nearly $40,000 in damages.

Travis Deen and his wife asked Stephens to look over the house and their cat while they were on vacation and came home to a disaster. Stephens, a known meth user, had bought pseudoephedrine for the batch and let her friends use the house as a meth lab for part of the cook.

The particles from the cooked meth seeped into the walls, floors, and plumbing along the first floor, causing $37,000 in damages. The owners are in the process of cleaning and repairing the damage, while Stephens was charged with the felony of "first degree property damage."


Related UPI Stories
Latest Headlines