facebook
twitter
search
search

Worst house sitter ever lets friends cook meth inside home

A good neighbor is a neighbor who doesn't run a meth lab in your house.
By Aileen Graef Follow @AileenGraef Contact the Author   |   Feb. 26, 2014 at 12:42 PM

BALLWIN, Mo., Feb. 26 (UPI) -- Lauren Stephens was house sitting for her neighbors when she decided to let her friends cook meth in the home, causing nearly $40,000 in damages.

Travis Deen and his wife asked Stephens to look over the house and their cat while they were on vacation and came home to a disaster. Stephens, a known meth user, had bought pseudoephedrine for the batch and let her friends use the house as a meth lab for part of the cook.

The particles from the cooked meth seeped into the walls, floors, and plumbing along the first floor, causing $37,000 in damages. The owners are in the process of cleaning and repairing the damage, while Stephens was charged with the felony of "first degree property damage."


[Newsy]

Related UPI Stories
Latest Headlines
Top Stories
'Very aggressive' turkey terrorizes University of Michigan campus
Lawsuit: Airline passenger injured from sitting by obese man
Mystery pooper targeting holes of Norwegian golf course
Former Pa. governor: A hot dog is a sandwich
Fisherman on a paddleboard lands 400-pound grouper