facebook
twitter
rss
account
search
search
 

Worst house sitter ever lets friends cook meth inside home

A good neighbor is a neighbor who doesn't run a meth lab in your house.
By Aileen Graef   |   Feb. 26, 2014 at 12:42 PM   |   Comments

Leer en Español
BALLWIN, Mo., Feb. 26 (UPI) -- Lauren Stephens was house sitting for her neighbors when she decided to let her friends cook meth in the home, causing nearly $40,000 in damages.

Travis Deen and his wife asked Stephens to look over the house and their cat while they were on vacation and came home to a disaster. Stephens, a known meth user, had bought pseudoephedrine for the batch and let her friends use the house as a meth lab for part of the cook.

The particles from the cooked meth seeped into the walls, floors, and plumbing along the first floor, causing $37,000 in damages. The owners are in the process of cleaning and repairing the damage, while Stephens was charged with the felony of "first degree property damage."


[Newsy]

Follow @AileenGraef and @UPI on Twitter.
Contact the Author
© 2014 United Press International, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Any reproduction, republication, redistribution and/or modification of any UPI content is expressly prohibited without UPI's prior written consent.
Featured UPI Collection
trending
2014: The Year in Music [PHOTOS]

2014: The Year in Music [PHOTOS]

Most Popular
1
Man raises $28,000 to have his 100-pound scrotum removed
2
Missing Canadian found alive in Oklahoma almost 40 years later
3
iPad-wearing tortoises removed from Aspen art museum and moved to conservatory
4
Hyperlapse: UPI climbed Meat Mountain so you won't have to
5
U.S. Olympic wrestler cited for taking out deer with bow and arrow at Colorado car dealership
Trending News
Video
x
Feedback