Man announces tour for alleged Bigfoot corpse

Jan. 29, 2014 at 2:58 PM

SAN ANTONIO, Jan. 29 (UPI) -- A man who claims to have shot and killed two Bigfoot specimens in Texas in 2012 said he is taking the adult corpse to Arizona to start a public viewing tour.

Rick Dyer, 36, who said he shot and killed an adult Bigfoot and an adolescent specimen outside San Antonio in September 2012, said the first public viewing of the adult Bigfoot body will be held Feb. 6 in Flagstaff, Ariz., the New York Daily News reported Wednesday.

Dyer said Flagstaff will be the first stop on a national tour, but a list of locations has yet to be finalized.

Andrew Clancy, Dyer's marketing manager, said the corpse has been studied by a laboratory at a university in Washington state.

He did not identify the university.

"I've heard people say it's fake. They haven't seen the body. They haven't studied it," Clancy said. "They're just guessing. They're not an expert in what they're talking about."

Dyer previously claimed to have shot and killed a Bigfoot in 2008, but the corpse in that case turned out to be a rubber ape suit, the San Antonio Express-News reported.

Texas Parks and Wildlife officials said it would be legal to shoot a Bigfoot in the state so long as the shooter had a hunting license.

"We can't prohibit anyone from hunting fictional characters, including Sasquatch, Chupacabra and other urban myths," Steve Lightfoot with Texas Parks and Wildlife told the Express-News.

Related UPI Stories
Latest Headlines
Trending News
Rome police warn man for cruising river in converted Maserati
'Maxi Pad Bandit' suspect arrested in California
Police: Dog rescued after driving owner's pickup into lake
Police: Drunk man blamed injuries on hippo attack
Referee pulls a gun during dispute at soccer game in Brazil