facebook
twitter
rss
account
search
search
 

Kansas man risked life to save Xbox game system from fire

Jan. 28, 2014 at 2:21 PM   |   Comments

| License Photo
OLATHE, Kan., Jan. 28 (UPI) -- A Kansas man was examined by paramedics after he ran back into a burning house to save an XBox gaming console from the flames, firefighters said.

Authorities said the man inhaled a lot of smoke when he re-entered the home after the fire began around 3:30 a.m. Friday. There's no word on whether it was one of the newest XBox One home entertainment systems with Skype, live television, the Web and apps.

The man was OK but the house sustained about $80,000 in damage, the Olathe (Kan.) Edge reported.

"Fire and smoke damage was extensive through the one-story home," said a spokesman for the Olathe Fire Department. "Firefighters remind everyone to check their home's smoke alarms by pressing the test button; and, to get out and stay out if your home is on fire. No item is as precious or valuable as a life."

The fire was blamed on a faulty electrical junction box.

© 2014 United Press International, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Any reproduction, republication, redistribution and/or modification of any UPI content is expressly prohibited without UPI's prior written consent.
Most Popular
1
Officer finds $120,000, returns it to owner Officer finds $120,000, returns it to owner
2
Alleged thief sprayed milk from her breast Alleged thief sprayed milk from her breast
3
Viral video shows woman getting catcalled walking streets of Manhattan Viral video shows woman getting catcalled walking streets of Manhattan
4
'Sexy Ebola Containment Suit' Halloween costume courts controversy 'Sexy Ebola Containment Suit' Halloween costume courts controversy
5
Foot attached backward to replace lost knee Foot attached backward to replace lost knee
Trending News
Around the Web
x
Feedback