facebook
twitter
rss
account
search
search
 

Cow farts blamed for barn fire in Germany

Jan. 28, 2014 at 12:23 PM   |   Comments

RASDORF, Germany, Jan. 28 (UPI) -- Emergency responders in Germany said a barn fire was caused by flatulent cows releasing methane gas around a massaging machine.

Police and firefighters said Monday they were called to a barn in Rasdorf, Hesse, to put out flames sparked when methane from the unusually flatulent cows reacted with static energy from a massaging machine designed to increase milk production, TheLocal.de reported Tuesday.

One cow was treated for burns and the roof of the barn suffered damage from the flames, police said.

© 2014 United Press International, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Any reproduction, republication, redistribution and/or modification of any UPI content is expressly prohibited without UPI's prior written consent.
Most Popular
1
'Stay of execution' for bird living in store 'Stay of execution' for bird living in store
2
Scottish Grindr user employs hookup app to cheat strict U.K. exit polling ban Scottish Grindr user employs hookup app to cheat strict U.K. exit polling ban
3
Circuit breaker thief identified from CCTV footage Circuit breaker thief identified from CCTV footage
4
Irish man called officer 'gay,' exposed buttocks Irish man called officer 'gay,' exposed buttocks
5
Unmentionable: Naked man got frisky with panties Unmentionable: Naked man got frisky with panties
Trending News
Video
x
Feedback