facebook
twitter
rss
account
search
search
 

Cow farts blamed for barn fire in Germany

Jan. 28, 2014 at 12:23 PM   |   Comments

RASDORF, Germany, Jan. 28 (UPI) -- Emergency responders in Germany said a barn fire was caused by flatulent cows releasing methane gas around a massaging machine.

Police and firefighters said Monday they were called to a barn in Rasdorf, Hesse, to put out flames sparked when methane from the unusually flatulent cows reacted with static energy from a massaging machine designed to increase milk production, TheLocal.de reported Tuesday.

One cow was treated for burns and the roof of the barn suffered damage from the flames, police said.

© 2014 United Press International, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Any reproduction, republication, redistribution and/or modification of any UPI content is expressly prohibited without UPI's prior written consent.
Recommended UPI Stories
Featured UPI Collection
trending
Notable deaths of 2014 [PHOTOS]

Notable deaths of 2014 [PHOTOS]

Most Popular
1
Calf with third eye hailed as incarnation of Shiva Calf with third eye hailed as incarnation of Shiva
2
Booby trap covers Austrian officer in manure Booby trap covers Austrian officer in manure
3
KFC filet may be 'an omen' of Scottish independence KFC filet may be 'an omen' of Scottish independence
4
1.4 tons of contaminated cheese stolen 1.4 tons of contaminated cheese stolen
5
Intoxicated man rolls car, wakes up in field of donkeys Intoxicated man rolls car, wakes up in field of donkeys
Trending News
Video
x
Feedback