Diane Harman, 64, of Patrington, England, said she suspected her 7-month-old Labrador, Gypsy, was to blame when she noticed a silver spoon missing from her teapot, and an X-ray taken by veterinarians confirmed her suspicions, the Mirror reported Wednesday.
Harman said veterinarians feared the spoon could prove fatal if left inside the dog, so it was removed in a 1-hour operation.
"The spoon had worked its way through her stomach and into her intestines," veterinarian David Robinson said. "If we had not operated straight away, there would have been a high risk of it perforating the intestine, which could have been fatal."
Harman said she was relieved to have Gypsy back home and spoon-free.
"I can laugh about it now but I was a bit concerned at the time because a puppy having to go through that kind of operation is always a risk," she said.
Administration delays decision on Keystone XL once more
Chipotle plans first price increase in 3 years