facebook
twitter
rss
account
search
search
 

San Antonio fire claims 300 portable toilets

Jan. 1, 2014 at 4:48 PM   |   Comments

SAN ANTONIO, Jan. 1 (UPI) -- Authorities in Texas said a fire that damaged or destroyed about 300 portable toilets appears to have been started by fireworks.

Firefighters from Bexar County, Converse and Gardendale were called to the San Antonio blaze around 10:30 p.m. Tuesday when stray fireworks apparently sparked a grass fire at United Site Services -- and the flames spread to about 300 of the business' portable toilets, the San Antonio Express News reported Wednesday.

The company did not answer calls for comment Wednesday.

© 2014 United Press International, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Any reproduction, republication, redistribution and/or modification of any UPI content is expressly prohibited without UPI's prior written consent.
Recommended UPI Stories
Most Popular
1
Viral video shows grouper swallow shark off fisherman's reel in one terrifying gulp
2
Tennessee student kicked out of class for saying 'bless you'
3
Indian boy with hands larger than his head can't even tie shoes
4
Watch as driver leaps from motorcycle mid-crash and lands safely on moving car
5
Wanted Washington man crashes car into police hunting for him
Trending News
Video
x
Feedback