facebook
twitter
search
search

Chef sprayed by cobra venom, saved by timely treatment

Dec. 4, 2013 at 11:10 PM

BEIJING, Dec. 4 (UPI) -- Timely medical help saved a restaurant chef in China who was sprayed by the venom of a cobra he was slaughtering, a hospital doctor said.

In the incident earlier this week, the chef, identified only as Zhang, was hit by the venom in his face when he cut off the reptile's head at the restaurant in Foshan in southern China's Guangdong province, the China Daily reported.

Zhang, who immediately felt pain in his eyes and whose lower jaw became swollen, was rushed to the Foshan Hospital of Traditional Chinese Medicine, the report said.

A doctor said Zhang survived after receiving timely treatment. The doctor said snake venom can enter people's blood stream through cuts or their eyes.

Latest Headlines
Top Stories
World's oldest panda turns 37 with specially-made cake
ATM-filling workers forget bag of $141,000 on a lawn
Stockholm cyclist lifts car to clear bike path
Bouquet-seeking wedding guest drops baby
NASA tests new camera with effervescent bubble experiment