Medgar Evers Middle and Junior High School in Brooklyn was evacuated Wednesday and emergency crews were called to a sixth-grade classroom, but the smell was discovered to be that of Axe body spray, the New York Daily News reported Friday.
There were no serious injuries, although a statement from the city's Department of Education said emergency crews took six students to a hospital. Two other students were seen by their own doctors.
Officials at the school said charges are pending.
Costly malfunction causes beer flood at Boston-area brewery
Wisconsin business offering 'therapeutic cuddling' forced to close