facebook
twitter
rss
account
search
search
 

Eight sixth-graders hospitalized by Axe Body Spray overload

Brooklyn sixth-graders fell victim to an overspray of Axe Body Spray.
By Caroline Lee   |   Oct. 31, 2013 at 4:45 PM   |   Comments

(UPI) -- Eight sixth-graders in Brooklyn were taken to the the hospital yesterday after Axe Body Spray fumes filled a classroom, prompting a report of a hazardous smell.

Two other students were taken by their parents to family doctors.

School officials at Medgar Evers College Preparatory School called for emergency medical help when the kids started having trouble breathing, and they later identified the deodorant spray as source of the smell.

It's not clear whether it was intentional or an accident, but the Crown Heights school says disciplinary action is pending.

A high school in Pennsylvania banned the spray after a student there ended up in the hospital, while a kid in Connecticut set off a fire alarm at his own school with Axe.

Follow @cmlee and @UPI on Twitter.
Contact the Author
© 2013 United Press International, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Any reproduction, republication, redistribution and/or modification of any UPI content is expressly prohibited without UPI's prior written consent.
Most Popular
1
Watch as driver leaps from motorcycle mid-crash and lands safely on moving car
2
Indian boy with hands larger than his head can't even tie shoes
3
Tennessee student kicked out of class for saying 'bless you'
4
Wanted Washington man crashes car into police hunting for him
5
Viral video shows grouper swallow shark off fisherman's reel in one terrifying gulp
Trending News
Video
x
Feedback