FORT WORTH, Texas, July 16 (UPI) -- Officials in Fort Worth, Texas, said they are looking into a demolition crew's mistaken razing of the wrong home.
City officials confirmed Monday the house, which was unoccupied at the time, was mistakenly demolished July 12 instead of the nearby property scheduled for demolition, KDFW-TV, Dallas/Fort Worth, reported Tuesday.
David Underwood, owner of the demolished home, said the house had been in his family for decades, but no one was living in the structure at the time of the demolition.
"We came around Silver Creek looking for the lot and my wife said, David... I think the house is gone," Underwood said. "We looked up there and sure enough, it's gone!"
Underwood said there were some irreplaceable personal items and antiques inside the home when it was demolished.
City officials said the incident is being investigated.