facebook
twitter
rss
account
search
search
 

Reported kidnapping in Spain was bachelor party stunt

July 11, 2013 at 1:46 PM   |   Comments

MADRID, July 11 (UPI) -- Police in the Spanish capital Madrid said a reported kidnapping at gunpoint turned out to be a stunt to kick off a bachelor party.

Investigators said Jose Manuel Conde, 37, of Madrid, and his friends contacted police Monday to report the Friday kidnapping they read about in Spanish daily El Mundo had been a stunt for Conde's surprise bachelor party, The Local.es reported Thursday.

Conde's friend, who gave his name only as David, masterminded the event.

"We had to see how to get him there [to the party] and I had the idea of the kidnapping," he said.

David said he explained the plan to several bystanders before the fake kidnapping so witnesses wouldn't get the wrong idea.

"Someone else must have seen us from a distance and misinterpreted it," he said.

David said police warned him he had played "a dangerous game."

© 2013 United Press International, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Any reproduction, republication, redistribution and/or modification of any UPI content is expressly prohibited without UPI's prior written consent.
Most Popular
1
Doctors remove 9-pound hairball from teenager's stomach Doctors remove 9-pound hairball from teenager's stomach
2
Watch: Hurricane throws man 30 feet in Russia Watch: Hurricane throws man 30 feet in Russia
3
Man: 'Three-breasted' hoaxer kept me as sex slave Man: 'Three-breasted' hoaxer kept me as sex slave
4
10,000 pigeons get 'anal security check' in China 10,000 pigeons get 'anal security check' in China
5
Teen 'Trojan Man' seeks apology from school Teen 'Trojan Man' seeks apology from school
Trending News
x
Feedback