SOUTH BEND, Ind., April 29 (UPI) -- An Indiana woman said she received a $50 refund from a canning company after discovering a frog in the green beans she served her family.
Gloria Chubb of South Bend said she bought the house-brand can of beans at a Meijer store and took it home to serve to her family, WWJ-AM, Detroit, reported Monday.
"I cooked them in the microwave with butter and salt and pepper, put them on the table and my son put some on his dish and said 'What is this?' I looked and put it in my hand and said 'Oh my God, it's a little frog,'" she said.
"Needless to say, everybody dumped theirs out and I was nauseated for three days. I still can't eat green beans."
Chubb said the Wisconsin company that canned the beans sent her an apology letter and a $50 refund.
"We love green beans. We ate a lot of green beans, in casseroles, soups, on the side," she said. "But I'm not going to eat green beans anymore. I tried to buy frozen green beans at the store the other day and before I left the store, I put them back. Nobody will eat them here."
Meijer, based in Grand Rapids, Mich., was investigating the matter.