GOTHENBURG, Sweden, Feb. 27 (UPI) -- A 35-year-old Swedish woman said she was shocked to find her obituary in a local newspaper.
"Our dear daughter, sister and friend has left us today in sorrow," the obit in the Goteborgs-Posten newspaper in Gothenburg read, The Local.se reported Wednesday.
"My first thought was that this couldn't be happening and that I had to call my mother but I couldn't ring her because I knew I'd start crying," the woman said.
The newspaper said someone claiming to be the woman's father called in the obituary and a woman who said she was the victim's sister confirmed the death by phone the same day.
In the future, the paper's editor said people providing obituaries will have to include a death certificate.
It wasn't clear why the woman was targeted.
Tooth Fairy poll shows recovering economy
OAK BROOK, Ill., Feb. 27 (UPI) -- An Illinois Tooth Fairy poll spokesman said the increased amount given children for lost baby teeth augurs good news for the U.S. economy.
The Original Tooth Fairy poll revealed the average Tooth Fairy gift went up from $2.10 in 2011 to $2.42 in 2012, a 15.2 percent gain, Delta Dental in Oak Brook, Ill., reported.
The Original Tooth Fairy Poll showed trends in Tooth Fairy gifts has tracked the Standard & Poor's 500 index in nine of the last 10 years. In 2012, the TF's gain of 15.2 percent was similar to the S&P gain of 13.4 percent.
"As the leaders of the dental benefits industry, we look at all kinds of economic indicators. I'm happy to say that the Tooth Fairy delivered encouraging news about the country's economic recovery in 2012," said Delta Dental Plans Association's spokesman, Bill Hupp.
The survey, which contacted more than 1.200 parents nationwide, indicated the Tooth Fairy rewarded first-time tooth losers even more generously, leaving an average of $3.49.
In 98 percent of the homes the Tooth Fairy visited, cash was left for consolation for the first loss. The remaining 2 percent got toys, candy, gum or other gifts.
No jail for drunk driver going 142 mph
NAPIERVILLE, Ill., Feb. 27 (UPI) -- A Shorewood, Ill., man was sentenced to court supervision and community service for crashing his car while driving drunk at 142 mph.
Dean Suominen, 37, avoided jail time by pleading guilty Monday to drunken driving and reckless driving charges in the Jan. 10, 2012 accident in Napierville, Ill., the Chicago Sun-Times reported Thursday.
Suominen's car disintegrated around him after it struck a curb, rolled over and struck a billboard, although he received only minor injuries, authorities said.
Tests after the crash indicated his blood alcohol level was .20, more than twice the .08 legal limit, Napierville prosecutor Michael DeSanto said, and police said a data recorder in the car clocked his speed at 142 miles per hour immediately before the accident.
Dubliners set record for Mohawk haircuts
DUBLIN, Ireland, Feb. 27 (UPI) -- Hundreds of Dubliners have set a world record for the largest gathering of people with Mohawk-style haircuts, officials in Ireland said.
The unique hairstyle was shaved into the heads of 257 people, breaking the old record of 109 set by West Cheshire College in 2011, Guinness World Records reported Monday.
About 30 barbers and stylists shaved the participants, between the ages of 2 and 62, during a live broadcast by the radio station that sponsored the event Friday.
The event was the fourth year of the station's "Shave or Dye" campaign, which has so far raised nearly $6 million for the Irish Cancer Society.
Police: Sword-wielding man demanded free tacos
Sign language interpreter at Mandela service called out as fake on Twitter