NEW YORK, Feb. 21 (UPI) -- A 32-year-old New York man's lawsuit against his parents alleges he is homeless because they left him "unloved and abandoned."
Bernard Anderson Bey's city Supreme Court lawsuit against Vickie Anderson and Bernard Manley alleges his father beat him when he was young, did drugs in front of him and called him names including "bastard," the New York Post reported Thursday.
"Our whole family is really poor, and my father doesn't care about the situation," Bey said. "I feel unloved and abandoned.
"Defendant Bernard Manley informed the plaintiff he was entitled to nothing, which is true," Bey wrote in the suit. "I am not entitled to receive anything from an asset he owns. I only thought he might find pleasure in seeing his children become successful."
The lawsuit seeks to force the couple to mortgage their home for $200,000 and use the money to buy two Domino's pizza franchises to employ the entire family.
Vickie Anderson said she is not to blame for her son's situation.
"He's 32 years old. That speaks for itself. Welcome to America. Everyone in America has the same opportunity. Don't blame the parents at this point. The choice is yours. You're an adult," she said.
Manley said Bey is his stepson and his lawsuit has no merit.
"He's not related to me. He's not my son," Manley said.
Teens busted after knocking on door
FRANKLIN, N.J., Feb. 21 (UPI) -- New Jersey police said a pair of teenagers were charged with attempted burglary after they were spotted knocking on the door of a home.
Franklin police said an officer spotted Kevin Reyes, 18, and Marvin Lopez, 19, knocking on a door in Franklin and looking in windows around 1:30 p.m. Feb. 13 and they left in a car driven by a third man, The (Newark) Star-Ledger reported Thursday.
The officer stopped the car and arrested Reyes and Lopez on warrants out of North Brunswick, police said.
Lopez said he was planning to break into the house, but changed his mind after seeing a dog inside, police said, but Reyes said he had no plans to commit any crimes and was just hanging out with Lopez.
Police said both men were charged with burglary and attempted burglary.
Vulgar billboard removed in Chicago
CHICAGO, Feb. 21 (UPI) -- A Chicago alderman said an outdoor advertising company voluntarily removed a billboard featuring a former porn star and a racy slogan.
Alderman Brendan Reilly said Wednesday the Urban Core advertising company voluntarily removed the ArrangementFinders.com billboard, which bore the image of retired porn star Bree Olson and the slogan, "Because the best job is a b--w job," the Chicago Sun-Times reported Thursday.
"I appealed to him as a downtown stakeholder, acknowledging I have no way to compel him to remove the sign," Reilly said of his meeting with an Urban Core official. "And he agreed to do the right thing.
"The First Amendment had been protected and we've all gotten the end result we desired, which was the removal of a racy billboard," he said.
The alderman said he received dozens of complaints about the advertisement.
A.J. Perkins, head of marketing for ArrangementFinders.com, based in Toronto, said the company is unhappy with the move.
"We are disturbed by the removal of our billboard," he said. "Chicago's Mayor Rahm Emanuel knows more than anyone that based on the First Amendment this is an unfair act. We paid for the billboard to be up for one month and we are trying to get to the bottom of it being taken down. We are not surprised that some people don't agree with the billboard but as they have a right to complain, the First Amendment gives us the right to keep it up."
"The mayor and the city had nothing to do with the sign coming down," Emanuel's office said in a statement. "This is the decision of a private property owner and it is within the owner's rights to decide."
Students suspended for 'Harlem Shake'
BROWNSVILLE, Pa., Feb. 21 (UPI) -- A Pennsylvania parent said her daughter and 12 other high school students should not have been suspended for their take on the "Harlem Shake" viral video craze.
Kathleen Broadwater said the "Harlem Shake" -- a video craze involving one person dancing while a room full of people stays still, then the entire room suddenly joins in the chaotic dance -- created by her daughter, Alyssa, and classmates in Brownsville Area High School's photography class was not adequate grounds for the students being suspended for two days, WTAE-TV, Pittsburgh, reported Thursday.
"It is a little odd," Broadwater said.
She said the students told her the substitute teacher gave them permission to make the video.
"What I'm upset about is the punishment seems a little extreme for the actions the kids were involved in," Broadwater said.
Solicitor James Davis said the school district "can't comment on student discipline without parent authorization."
Alyssa Broadwater said she doesn't understand the punishment.
"I could see if we got in a little bit of trouble, since it was in school and a little chaotic, but it was taken too far," she said.
"I got called out of homeroom and told I'm suspended," the student said. "I said, 'For what?' and I never got an answer."
Ron Burgundy interviews Peyton Manning on SportsCenter
Gal Gadot cast as Wonder Woman for 'Batman vs. Superman'