House owners didn't know about party plans

Feb. 1, 2013 at 6:06 PM   |   0 comments

MIAMI BEACH, Fla., Feb. 1 (UPI) -- The owners of a Florida mansion billed as the site of a huge Super Bowl party authorities pledged to shut down said they did not know about the event.

Lawyer Jaime Rubinson sent an email Thursday to Miami Beach city officials saying her clients, whose names were not released, did not have a hand in organizing the party being advertised online as including DJs, an open bar and dancing women, The Miami Herald reported Friday.

"There is no contract to rent this house with the current or prior owner nor will there be any 'house party,'" Rubinson wrote. "If there is anyone on the premises, they are there illegally and the police should be called."

Officials previously said the party, which website wantickets.com was selling admission to for prices up to $500, was illegal and would not shut down because local laws prohibit parties with cover fees in single-family homes.

Watson James, who previously identified himself to the Herald as the organizer of the party, said Thursday the event has been canceled. He said he did not know the event violated local laws.

James did not say whether anyone had given him permission to hold the event in the home.

© 2013 United Press International, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Any reproduction, republication, redistribution and/or modification of any UPI content is expressly prohibited without UPI's prior written consent.
Trending News
Join the conversation
Most Popular
Photos
Video
x
Feedback