facebook
twitter
rss
account
search
search
 

Dog lights stove top fire

Jan. 30, 2013 at 4:50 PM   |   Comments

SOUTH ELGIN, Ill., Jan. 30 (UPI) -- Firefighters in Illinois said a dog turned on an oven burner and caused $100,000 worth of damage to a home.

South Elgin Fire Department Lt. Todd Erickson said they extinguished the flames Monday and discovered the fire originated from a stove burner that had been turned on, WBBM-TV, Chicago, reported Wednesday.

Firefighters spoke to the owner and discovered one of his dogs "was notorious for jumping up on the stove and turning on the burners," Erickson said.

He said a pizza box on top of the stove then caught fire.

"The dog had jumped up, turned on the stove, lit the box and proceeded to start the cabinets on fire," Erickson said.

Firefighters said the dog and other pets inside the house at the time of the incident were not injured.

© 2013 United Press International, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Any reproduction, republication, redistribution and/or modification of any UPI content is expressly prohibited without UPI's prior written consent.
Most Popular
1
10 metal balls removed from Malaysian man's penis 10 metal balls removed from Malaysian man's penis
2
Defectors: Kim Jong Un addicted to Swiss cheese Defectors: Kim Jong Un addicted to Swiss cheese
3
Researchers claim evidence of Russian Bigfoot Researchers claim evidence of Russian Bigfoot
4
Gamers put heads in giant breasts at Tokyo Game Show Gamers put heads in giant breasts at Tokyo Game Show
5
Prison for drug-filled football toss into prison Prison for drug-filled football toss into prison
Trending News
Video
x
Feedback