facebook
twitter
rss
account
search
search
 

Dog lights stove top fire

Jan. 30, 2013 at 4:50 PM   |   Comments

SOUTH ELGIN, Ill., Jan. 30 (UPI) -- Firefighters in Illinois said a dog turned on an oven burner and caused $100,000 worth of damage to a home.

South Elgin Fire Department Lt. Todd Erickson said they extinguished the flames Monday and discovered the fire originated from a stove burner that had been turned on, WBBM-TV, Chicago, reported Wednesday.

Firefighters spoke to the owner and discovered one of his dogs "was notorious for jumping up on the stove and turning on the burners," Erickson said.

He said a pizza box on top of the stove then caught fire.

"The dog had jumped up, turned on the stove, lit the box and proceeded to start the cabinets on fire," Erickson said.

Firefighters said the dog and other pets inside the house at the time of the incident were not injured.

© 2013 United Press International, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Any reproduction, republication, redistribution and/or modification of any UPI content is expressly prohibited without UPI's prior written consent.
Most Popular
1
New Zealand woman: Airplane dumped human waste on home New Zealand woman: Airplane dumped human waste on home
2
Watch: 'Bra cam' gives boob's-eye-view of oglers Watch: 'Bra cam' gives boob's-eye-view of oglers
3
Batman burger comes to Hong Kong McDonald's Batman burger comes to Hong Kong McDonald's
4
Suspected drunken driver was trying to order pizza Suspected drunken driver was trying to order pizza
5
Deer struck by roller coaster at Lightwater Valley them park Deer struck by roller coaster at Lightwater Valley them park
Trending News
x
Feedback