facebook
twitter
rss
account
search
search
 

Dog lights stove top fire

Jan. 30, 2013 at 4:50 PM   |   Comments

SOUTH ELGIN, Ill., Jan. 30 (UPI) -- Firefighters in Illinois said a dog turned on an oven burner and caused $100,000 worth of damage to a home.

South Elgin Fire Department Lt. Todd Erickson said they extinguished the flames Monday and discovered the fire originated from a stove burner that had been turned on, WBBM-TV, Chicago, reported Wednesday.

Firefighters spoke to the owner and discovered one of his dogs "was notorious for jumping up on the stove and turning on the burners," Erickson said.

He said a pizza box on top of the stove then caught fire.

"The dog had jumped up, turned on the stove, lit the box and proceeded to start the cabinets on fire," Erickson said.

Firefighters said the dog and other pets inside the house at the time of the incident were not injured.

© 2013 United Press International, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Any reproduction, republication, redistribution and/or modification of any UPI content is expressly prohibited without UPI's prior written consent.
Most Popular
1
Los Angeles bakery delivers marijuana-infused pizzas Los Angeles bakery delivers marijuana-infused pizzas
2
'Stay of execution' for bird living in store 'Stay of execution' for bird living in store
3
Scottish Grindr user employs hookup app to cheat strict U.K. exit polling ban Scottish Grindr user employs hookup app to cheat strict U.K. exit polling ban
4
Circuit breaker thief identified from CCTV footage Circuit breaker thief identified from CCTV footage
5
Irish man called officer 'gay,' exposed buttocks Irish man called officer 'gay,' exposed buttocks
Trending News
Video
x
Feedback