facebook
twitter
rss
account
search
search
 

Man mistakes hot iron for phone

Dec. 13, 2012 at 5:10 PM   |   Comments

ELBLAG, Poland, Dec. 13 (UPI) -- A Polish man said he was distracted by boxing on TV and mistook a hot iron for the telephone, burning the side of his head.

Tomasz Paczkowski, 32, of Elblag said he was helping his wife with housework while he was off work for a few days when he made the error, the British newspaper The Daily Telegraph reported Thursday.

"After breakfast I started to work. I turned on the boxing channel on the TV, opened a beer and started ironing," he said.

"I was really getting involved in the boxing and was not really thinking about what I was doing," Paczkowski said. "Suddenly the phone rang and I mucked things up: instead of grabbing the receiver I picked up the iron and put it to my ear."

Paczkowski said he was further injured when his head struck the doorframe of the bathroom while he was running to pour cold water in his head.

The man said he will continue to help his wife with the ironing, but not while watching boxing on TV.

© 2012 United Press International, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Any reproduction, republication, redistribution and/or modification of any UPI content is expressly prohibited without UPI's prior written consent.
Most Popular
1
'Ghost' caught on camera at medical center 'Ghost' caught on camera at medical center
2
Police help burglary caller with math homework Police help burglary caller with math homework
3
Naked Russian artist cuts off ear lobe in protest of unnecessary psychiatric treatment Naked Russian artist cuts off ear lobe in protest of unnecessary psychiatric treatment
4
Police: Woman said Jesus would pay her bill Police: Woman said Jesus would pay her bill
5
'Zombie-proof' cabin being sold online 'Zombie-proof' cabin being sold online
Trending News
Around the Web
x
Feedback