facebook
twitter
rss
account
search
search

Woman choked on glitter, stage caught fire

Dec. 3, 2012 at 2:55 PM   |   Comments

BERLIN, Dec. 3 (UPI) -- A German talent show being broadcast live on TV suffered a series of setbacks including a singer choking on glitter and a fire breaking out on stage.

Viewers of Saturday night's live broadcast of "Supertalent" were treated to an unusual spectacle when a singer named Laura choked on the glitter and confetti raining from the ceiling during her performance and an opera singer, Simone Ciccarese, lost her voice after breaking in the clouds from dry ice placed on the stage, The Local.de reported Monday.

The show's string of problems culminated in a fire breaking out on stage when two men, Christian and Leo, accidentally caused a fire when they smashed up a car as part of their act. Stage hands rushed the stage with fire extinguishers to put out the flames.

© 2012 United Press International, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Any reproduction, republication, redistribution and/or modification of any UPI content is expressly prohibited without UPI's prior written consent.
Recommended Stories
Most Popular
1
Washington soldier claims Popeyes Louisiana Kitchen worker spiked his drink
2
Beijing restaurant hires teenage girls to walk crabs down the street in promotional stunt
3
New Mexico woman allegedly pulls gun on Comcast worker over cable fees
4
American tourists call police after getting charged $56 for 3 ice creams and water
5
See It: 5-year-old girl begs baby brother not to grow up
Trending News
Video
x
Feedback