Woman choked on glitter, stage caught fire

Dec. 3, 2012 at 2:55 PM

BERLIN, Dec. 3 (UPI) -- A German talent show being broadcast live on TV suffered a series of setbacks including a singer choking on glitter and a fire breaking out on stage.

Viewers of Saturday night's live broadcast of "Supertalent" were treated to an unusual spectacle when a singer named Laura choked on the glitter and confetti raining from the ceiling during her performance and an opera singer, Simone Ciccarese, lost her voice after breaking in the clouds from dry ice placed on the stage, The Local.de reported Monday.

The show's string of problems culminated in a fire breaking out on stage when two men, Christian and Leo, accidentally caused a fire when they smashed up a car as part of their act. Stage hands rushed the stage with fire extinguishers to put out the flames.

Related UPI Stories
Latest Headlines
Trending News
Danish 'Do It For Mom' ad suggests sex vacations for adult children
Alaska Airlines misplaced its own CEO's luggage
Textbook publisher to revise photo caption calling slaves 'workers'
Semi truck caught on camera crossing South Carolina flood waters
'Minions' sign at village of same name taken down amid picture safety concerns