facebook
twitter
rss
account
search
search
 

Fire started by squirrel cooker

Oct. 11, 2012 at 2:59 PM   |   Comments

| License Photo
HOLLAND, Mich., Oct. 11 (UPI) -- Authorities in Michigan said an apartment complex fire was started by a resident who was attempting to use a propane torch to prepare a squirrel for eating.

Holland Township Fire Chief Jim Kohsel said a resident was on a third floor deck at Clearview apartments using a propane torch to remove the fur from a dead squirrel the resident intended to eat when the deck caught fire around 12:29 p.m. Wednesday, MLive.com reported Thursday.

Kohsel said the flames destroyed eight apartments and 32 were damaged to the point of being uninhabitable.

The chief said no residents were injured and a firefighter suffered a broken toe while battling the flames.

The American Red Cross is providing temporary shelter and clothing for the displaced residents.

© 2012 United Press International, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Any reproduction, republication, redistribution and/or modification of any UPI content is expressly prohibited without UPI's prior written consent.
Most Popular
1
Researchers create harness that translates body language of dogs Researchers create harness that translates body language of dogs
2
French town bans clown costumes for Halloween French town bans clown costumes for Halloween
3
Survey: Phones used more as alarm clocks than to make calls Survey: Phones used more as alarm clocks than to make calls
4
Mustache Hall of Fame accepting nominations Mustache Hall of Fame accepting nominations
5
'Social experiment' gets fake racist punched 'Social experiment' gets fake racist punched
Trending News
Around the Web
x
Feedback