facebook
twitter
rss
account
search
search
 

Fire started by squirrel cooker

Oct. 11, 2012 at 2:59 PM   |   Comments

| License Photo
HOLLAND, Mich., Oct. 11 (UPI) -- Authorities in Michigan said an apartment complex fire was started by a resident who was attempting to use a propane torch to prepare a squirrel for eating.

Holland Township Fire Chief Jim Kohsel said a resident was on a third floor deck at Clearview apartments using a propane torch to remove the fur from a dead squirrel the resident intended to eat when the deck caught fire around 12:29 p.m. Wednesday, MLive.com reported Thursday.

Kohsel said the flames destroyed eight apartments and 32 were damaged to the point of being uninhabitable.

The chief said no residents were injured and a firefighter suffered a broken toe while battling the flames.

The American Red Cross is providing temporary shelter and clothing for the displaced residents.

© 2012 United Press International, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Any reproduction, republication, redistribution and/or modification of any UPI content is expressly prohibited without UPI's prior written consent.
Most Popular
1
Defectors: Kim Jong Un addicted to Swiss cheese Defectors: Kim Jong Un addicted to Swiss cheese
2
Police recover Jaguar stolen in 1968 Police recover Jaguar stolen in 1968
3
Researchers claim evidence of Russian Bigfoot Researchers claim evidence of Russian Bigfoot
4
Public use of mayo shampoo lands man in jail Public use of mayo shampoo lands man in jail
5
Chick-fil-A customer pays $1,000 to feed those behind him Chick-fil-A customer pays $1,000 to feed those behind him
Trending News
Video
x
Feedback