facebook
twitter
rss
account
search
search
 

Juggler accidentally burns props

Oct. 9, 2012 at 11:37 AM   |   Comments

CHESTERTON, Ind., Oct. 9 (UPI) -- Firefighters in Indiana said a juggler using lit torches accidentally set fire to his props at a public park.

The Chesterton Fire Department said Aaron Rossetti, 36, was practicing his juggling Saturday night at Thomas Centennial Park when the burning portion of a lit torch broke off and landed on the table where he was keeping his props -- which included an open can of camping fuel, The Post-Tribune of Northwest Indiana, Merrillville, Ind., reported Tuesday.

Rossetti told police the can of fuel caused his props -- which were mostly made of plastic -- to ignite, so he threw them to the ground, where the fire spread to the rest of his props. He said the plastic melted into the park's paving stones.

Firefighters responded and extinguished the flames.

© 2012 United Press International, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Any reproduction, republication, redistribution and/or modification of any UPI content is expressly prohibited without UPI's prior written consent.
Recommended UPI Stories
Most Popular
1
Booby trap covers Austrian officer in manure Booby trap covers Austrian officer in manure
2
Calf with third eye hailed as incarnation of Shiva Calf with third eye hailed as incarnation of Shiva
3
1.4 tons of contaminated cheese stolen 1.4 tons of contaminated cheese stolen
4
Australia's bustiest model weighs larger breasts Australia's bustiest model weighs larger breasts
5
KFC filet may be 'an omen' of Scottish independence KFC filet may be 'an omen' of Scottish independence
Trending News
Video
x
Feedback