Strip club smoke source was fog machine

Sept. 12, 2012 at 2:13 PM   |   Comments

ATLANTA, Sept. 12 (UPI) -- Atlanta firefighters investigating smoke coming from a strip club Wednesday said the source was a theatrical fog machine that had mistakenly been left running.

Atlanta fire Battalion Chief David Rhodes said fire crews responded to the report of a possible fire at the Kamal's 21 strip club shortly after 5 a.m. Wednesday immediately noticed the smoke did not smell like the result of the fire and entered the facility to find a theatrical smoke machine had mistakenly been left running when the club closed for the night, The Atlanta Journal-Constitution reported Wednesday.

"They knew that the smoke wasn't very choking to them, and as soon as the guy got in about 10 feet, he turned around and came back out and told me, 'Hey, this is a smoke machine; we've just got to find it,'" Rhodes said. "But you couldn't see in the building until we blew it out with a fan."

Rhodes said the firefighters eventually located a "pretty high-volume" smoke machine near the stage.

© 2012 United Press International, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Any reproduction, republication, redistribution and/or modification of any UPI content is expressly prohibited without UPI's prior written consent.
Most Popular
Washington soldier claims Popeyes Louisiana Kitchen worker spiked his drink
Beijing restaurant hires teenage girls to walk crabs down the street in promotional stunt
New Mexico woman allegedly pulls gun on Comcast worker over cable fees
American tourists call police after getting charged $56 for 3 ice creams and water
See It: 5-year-old girl begs baby brother not to grow up
Trending News