Atlanta fire Battalion Chief David Rhodes said fire crews responded to the report of a possible fire at the Kamal's 21 strip club shortly after 5 a.m. Wednesday immediately noticed the smoke did not smell like the result of the fire and entered the facility to find a theatrical smoke machine had mistakenly been left running when the club closed for the night, The Atlanta Journal-Constitution reported Wednesday.
"They knew that the smoke wasn't very choking to them, and as soon as the guy got in about 10 feet, he turned around and came back out and told me, 'Hey, this is a smoke machine; we've just got to find it,'" Rhodes said. "But you couldn't see in the building until we blew it out with a fan."
Rhodes said the firefighters eventually located a "pretty high-volume" smoke machine near the stage.
Boston schools pull out free condoms over wrapping complaints
NBC reportedly holds celebs hostage to Jimmy Fallon's show