ATLANTA, Sept. 12 (UPI) -- Atlanta firefighters investigating smoke coming from a strip club Wednesday said the source was a theatrical fog machine that had mistakenly been left running.
Atlanta fire Battalion Chief David Rhodes said fire crews responded to the report of a possible fire at the Kamal's 21 strip club shortly after 5 a.m. Wednesday immediately noticed the smoke did not smell like the result of the fire and entered the facility to find a theatrical smoke machine had mistakenly been left running when the club closed for the night, The Atlanta Journal-Constitution reported Wednesday.
"They knew that the smoke wasn't very choking to them, and as soon as the guy got in about 10 feet, he turned around and came back out and told me, 'Hey, this is a smoke machine; we've just got to find it,'" Rhodes said. "But you couldn't see in the building until we blew it out with a fan."
Rhodes said the firefighters eventually located a "pretty high-volume" smoke machine near the stage.
|Additional Odd News Stories|
WASHINGTON, June 18 (UPI) --General Motors said it would recall 231,000 model year 2006-07 vehicles due to a short in the driver's door that could spontaneously cause a fire.