BRANDON, Wis., Dec. 13 (UPI) -- A Wisconsin woman said she was shocked when she investigated a noise in her kitchen and found a raccoon had fallen through her ceiling.
Sue Ripple, 65, of Brandon said she was preparing for bed about 8 p.m. Saturday when she heard a noise coming from her kitchen and took her cane to investigate, The (Fond du Lac, Wis.) Reporter reported Tuesday.
"I got a surprise, boy oh boy," Ripple said. "I went into the kitchen. There was a big frickin' hole in the ceiling. A raccoon fell through it. That sucker!"
Ripple said the raccoon made a further mess by trying to scale her walls back up to the hole.
The homeowner said the raccoon eventually settled in behind her refrigerator and she used some boards to barricade him in the kitchen for the night.
Ripple said a sheriff's deputy arrived about 7:30 a.m. and attempted to coax the raccoon out of its hiding place, but it refused to budge. She said her son, Nick Ripple, got rid of the raccoon by chasing it into a small, empty freezer and dragging the freezer to the front door, where the animal fled.
Ripple said her son helped her clean up and patch the ceiling.
"It was a mess. It looks pretty good now," she said with a laugh.