facebook
twitter
rss
account
search
search
 

Dog eats $1,000 cash

Nov. 14, 2011 at 11:47 AM   |   Comments

ST. AUGUSTINE, Fla., Nov. 14 (UPI) -- A Florida couple said they had to force their dog to vomit when the canine ate an envelope containing $1,000 cash.

Christy Lawrenson said they left the envelope of money, which was put aside to help pay off her car, on the counter of her St. Augustine home about two weeks ago and her husband returned home on his lunch break to find pieces of $100 bills scattered across the floor, WKMG-TV, Orlando, reported Monday.

Lawrenson said her husband poured a peroxide mixture down the throat of Tuity, their Labrador retriever-chow-bulldog mix, and the canine soon threw up the rest of the money pieces.

"My mother-in-law and our best friend were here and we were speechless. But they just laughed the whole evening and they helped us retrieve $900," she said.

Lawrenson said the final $100 bill was missing too many serial numbers to replace, so they mailed it to the U.S. Department of Treasury with a letter of explanation and are hoping it will eventually be replaced.

"I didn't really see that one coming and I guarantee we'll keep money away from now on," Lawrenson said.

© 2011 United Press International, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Any reproduction, republication, redistribution and/or modification of any UPI content is expressly prohibited without UPI's prior written consent.
Most Popular
1
Tennessee woman jailed for neglecting lawn Tennessee woman jailed for neglecting lawn
2
'Stay of execution' for bird living in store 'Stay of execution' for bird living in store
3
Medical marijuana ordering app offers pot delivery Medical marijuana ordering app offers pot delivery
4
Creepy clown sightings go nationwide Creepy clown sightings go nationwide
5
Tourist locked in London bookstore tweets for help Tourist locked in London bookstore tweets for help
Trending News
Around the Web
x
Feedback