The Station 32 firefighters of the Northwest Fire District in Tucson said they handle snake calls up to five times a day during this time of year, but the call at Mary Jane Overall's home turned out to be unique, KVOA-TV, Tucson, reported Wednesday.
The firefighters said what appeared to be a snake shedding its skin turned out to be a non-venomous king snake eating a smaller, venomous snake.
"You wouldn't think a snake would come upstairs. You just wouldn't imagine that … let alone two!" Overall said.
She said the king snake may have saved her life by eating its deadlier cousin.
Man behind Doritos Locos Tacos passed away on Thanksgiving
Theater accidentally screens 'Nymphomaniac' trailer instead of Disney's 'Frozen'