The Station 32 firefighters of the Northwest Fire District in Tucson said they handle snake calls up to five times a day during this time of year, but the call at Mary Jane Overall's home turned out to be unique, KVOA-TV, Tucson, reported Wednesday.
The firefighters said what appeared to be a snake shedding its skin turned out to be a non-venomous king snake eating a smaller, venomous snake.
"You wouldn't think a snake would come upstairs. You just wouldn't imagine that … let alone two!" Overall said.
She said the king snake may have saved her life by eating its deadlier cousin.
Celebrity Families of 2014 [PHOTOS]