Chuck Roberts, co-owner of John Ross Jewelers in Albany, said the small dog, Honey Bun, is only supposed to greet customers, but he swallowed a pack of loose diamonds about two weeks ago, WALB-TV, Albany, reported Wednesday.
Roberts said he took Honey Bun to a clinic across the street and had X-rays taken of the dog's stomach. He said carbon does not show up on X-rays, but blank spots on the image indicated the diamonds were inside the canine.
Roberts said he recovered the diamonds from the animal's droppings the following day and Honey Bun does not appear to have suffered any ill effects from carrying the precious cargo.
Notable deaths of 2014 [PHOTOS]