CHICAGO, Aug. 16 (UPI) -- An Illinois woman's lawsuit against Premier Care in Bathing claims she was trapped in one of the Florida company's tubs for more than 30 hours.
Anna Cullen, who lives in Western Illinois, filed a lawsuit Monday in Cook County Court alleging she fell and "became wedged in the tub," which she was using for only the second time Sept. 4, 2010, the Chicago Sun-Times reported Tuesday.
Cullen said she tried to pull out the drain stopper, but the attached chain broke. She said her daughter found her unconscious more than 30 hours later.
"She remained stuck in the walk-in tub and the water for more than 30 hours, and her inability to drain the water resulted in significant injuries to her skin," the suit states.
"That was the lousiest $12,000 I ever put out," Cullen said. "I ended up in the hospital for four days, and then in a nursing home for three months."
The lawsuit, which claims a "failure and/or malfunction of the drain," is seeking "in excess of $50,000 plus the costs of suit."