Cindy Leturno of York said her toilet overflowed Wednesday morning and she was skeptical when she read on the Internet that it may have been caused by a snake -- until she saw the reptile with her own eyes, the York Daily Record reported Thursday.
"I saw it, but I didn't want to believe it," Leturno said. "It kept coming out."
Leturno called a plumber and local police, but they were unable to locate the snake.
Joyce Hemler, who fields assignments for her husband, Terry, of Hemler Animal Control in Codorus Township, said the animal was likely a non-venomous black snake.
"It'll bite you, but it's not poisonous," she said. "It's a good snake to have -- it keeps the mouse population down -- but some people get the heebie-jeebies when they see a snake."
Notable deaths of 2014 [PHOTOS]