NEW YORK, April 22 (UPI) -- The Major League Eating Organization said six-time hot dog eating champion Takeru Kobayashi's photo was removed from the New York "Wall of Fame."
Officials said a photo of Kobayashi, a six-time champion of Nathan's Famous July Fourth International Hot Dog Eating Contest, was removed from the wall at Nathan's Famous on Coney Island and will be replaced by a picture of another competitive eater, the New York Daily News reported Friday.
"The wall has been changed a few different times," organizer Richard Shea said. "And they were all great eaters at the time."
A representative from Major League Eating said Kobayashi's name remains on the wall.
Kobayashi was arrested after storming the stage at last year's event. He had not been allowed to participate due to a dispute with the organizers.