Union Township firefighters said they received a call about 5 p.m. Friday about a fire at a Mount Carmel apartment complex, The Cincinnati Enquirer reported Monday.
"The occupant was trying to self-exterminate bed bugs and was spraying the couch with rubbing alcohol while smoking a cigarette," Fire Chief Stan Deimling said.
Deimling said the fire destroyed the man's couch and damaged the carpet. He was treated at University Hospital for burns to his hands.
"As far as we're concerned, this is an accidental fire. The damage will be between the tenant and the landlord," said Deimling, who estimated the damage at about $600.
Ukrainian protestors topple Lenin statue [VIDEO]
Trader Joe's: Car crashes into Long Island store, injuring 11