facebook
twitter
rss
account
search
search
 

Teen extinguishes dad with Coke

April 22, 2010 at 3:11 PM   |   Comments

MULLION, England, April 22 (UPI) -- A British 15-year-old is being credited with saving his father's life by using a bottle of Coke to extinguish flames that engulfed him.

Andrew Wythe, 52, of Mullion, England, said he was pouring gasoline on a garden bonfire Sunday when the flames grew to engulf the front of his body, The Sun reported Thursday.

He said he ran toward his son, Nicholas, 15, for help and the teenager grabbed a two liter bottle of Coca-Cola, shook it up and sprayed the contents on his father.

"The fire went out straight away," Wythe said. "He's a very level-headed boy. Without Nicholas it would have been a lot worse, without a doubt. I was lucky really."

Wythe said he suffered burns to his neck, chest and ears and will require skin grafts.

© 2010 United Press International, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Any reproduction, republication, redistribution and/or modification of any UPI content is expressly prohibited without UPI's prior written consent.
Recommended UPI Stories
Most Popular
1
Booby trap covers Austrian officer in manure Booby trap covers Austrian officer in manure
2
Calf with third eye hailed as incarnation of Shiva Calf with third eye hailed as incarnation of Shiva
3
Australia's bustiest model weighs larger breasts Australia's bustiest model weighs larger breasts
4
1.4 tons of contaminated cheese stolen 1.4 tons of contaminated cheese stolen
5
Swiss government: Vegan diet bad for kids Swiss government: Vegan diet bad for kids
Trending News
Video
x
Feedback