facebook
twitter
rss
account
search
search

Flatulent pig source of 'gas leak'

Nov. 27, 2009 at 2:45 PM   |   Comments

AXEDALE, Australia, Nov. 27 (UPI) -- Firefighters who responded to an Australian farmer's report of a gas leak discovered the source of the gas was his children's pet pig.

The pig, apparently, has a problem with flatulence.

Two fire engines and 15 firefighters responded to the call from the farmer in Axedale in southeastern Victoria, who said he smelled gas, The Daily Telegraph in Sydney reported.

Fire Captain Peter Harkins said he and his crew realized when they saw the 265-pound pig that it was a false alarm.

"We could not only smell it, but we heard it and it was quite funny," he said. "She got very excited when two trucks and 15 firies turned up and she squealed and farted and squealed and farted. I haven't heard too many pigs fart but I would describe it as very full-on."

But Harkins said the farmer was right to call for help when he thought he smelled gas. In the rural area, most residents depend on bottled gas, and a leak could cause a disastrous explosion and fire.

© 2009 United Press International, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Any reproduction, republication, redistribution and/or modification of any UPI content is expressly prohibited without UPI's prior written consent.
Recommended Stories
Most Popular
1
Women catches home run at San Francisco Giants game in her beer
2
Ohio woman allegedly poops in front of Walgreens after being accused of shoplifting
3
American tourists call police after getting charged $56 for 3 ice creams and water
4
Beijing restaurant hires teenage girls to walk crabs down the street in promotional stunt
5
Washington soldier claims Popeyes Louisiana Kitchen worker spiked his drink
Trending News
Video
x
Feedback