AXEDALE, Australia, Nov. 27 (UPI) -- Firefighters who responded to an Australian farmer's report of a gas leak discovered the source of the gas was his children's pet pig.
The pig, apparently, has a problem with flatulence.
Two fire engines and 15 firefighters responded to the call from the farmer in Axedale in southeastern Victoria, who said he smelled gas, The Daily Telegraph in Sydney reported.
Fire Captain Peter Harkins said he and his crew realized when they saw the 265-pound pig that it was a false alarm.
"We could not only smell it, but we heard it and it was quite funny," he said. "She got very excited when two trucks and 15 firies turned up and she squealed and farted and squealed and farted. I haven't heard too many pigs fart but I would describe it as very full-on."
But Harkins said the farmer was right to call for help when he thought he smelled gas. In the rural area, most residents depend on bottled gas, and a leak could cause a disastrous explosion and fire.