facebook
twitter
rss
account
search
search
 

1,000 magnets removed from inside dog

Aug. 31, 2009 at 4:10 PM   |   Comments

MICKLEHAM, Australia, Aug. 31 (UPI) -- An Australian woman said her dog is recovering from emergency surgery to remove 1,000 magnets from its stomach.

Cathy James of Mickleham said her 11-year-old Australian cattle dog, Polly, swallowed the magnets from her office Aug. 11 and underwent emergency surgery the next day when the sharp items made the animal ill, the Melbourne Herald Sun reported Monday.

"The vet said it wouldn't be that many, but when they operated there was half a gravel track in there as well," she said.

James said Polly, who is recovering from her surgery, has always been a curious eater, with previous items swallowed by the dog including a computer mouse, gardening gloves, a large rubber band and several rolls of fax paper.

© 2009 United Press International, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Any reproduction, republication, redistribution and/or modification of any UPI content is expressly prohibited without UPI's prior written consent.
Most Popular
1
'Ghost' caught on camera at medical center 'Ghost' caught on camera at medical center
2
Naked Russian artist cuts off ear lobe in protest of unnecessary psychiatric treatment Naked Russian artist cuts off ear lobe in protest of unnecessary psychiatric treatment
3
Ohio State's marching band performs classic rock halftime show Ohio State's marching band performs classic rock halftime show
4
Watch: Atlanta firefighters sing prevention tips Watch: Atlanta firefighters sing prevention tips
5
Police help burglary caller with math homework Police help burglary caller with math homework
Trending News
Around the Web
x
Feedback